AFL Teams for Round 11, 2012 – Blues just Kreuzing into the Byes
How quickly things change in footy. About a month ago the Blues were flying, beat the Pies and had the best midfield in footy. Now they are 7th and in danger of falling out of the 8 and have a long injury list. Add to that list, the Blues Mr reliable, Heath Scotland. He has picked up a Calf injury and could miss a month/3 matches. Not all bad news for Carlton as they could get back some of Lachie Henderson, Matthew Kreuzer, Nick Duigan and Bret Thornton. Frazer Dale was upgraded off the rookie list last week and was an emergency so could be in the mix.
The Cats have also been effected by injuries but are likely to be getting guys back. Joel Selwood could miss after a minor knee injury on the weekend but has vowed to play. Stephen Motlop, Joel Corey and Tom Hawkins could be considered this week after all of them have had injuries. David Wojcinski could also come in to play his first game in the AFL for the season after over coming injury and then a VFL Suspension.
In other selection news:
- Collingwood lose Scott Pendlebury but may replace him with Dane Swan, not a bad replacement. Heath Shaw maybe kept on ice until after the bye round from his calf injury. Chris Tarrant could help strengthen the backline after playing a number of games in the VFL.
- The Bombers could welcome back Dyson Heppell and Cale Hooker to a side that handed Melbourne their first win for the season.
- Fremantle could turn to Fantasy favorite of 2011, Nick Lower to help their fortunes at stoppages. Adam McPhee could return from injury while Alex Silvagni and Jav van Berlo put in decent performances at WAFL level and ccould be considered
- I would expect quite a few changes for the Suns after their thrashing at the hands of the Pies. Jared Brennan has had three weeks at state level. Brandon Matera has played one game back from injury but is likely to get more match fitness in the seconds.
- Hawks will make at least one change with Acting skip Jordan Lewis suspended. Xavier Ellis could be mix as would be Kyle Cheney. Outside chance could be my boy, Tom Schneider.
- Port would be sweating on having Jay Schulz to try to stretch the Hawks defence but he is in doubt. John McCarthy should come straight back in after missing with a corked Calf.
- The flying Tigers lose Jake King but have many options to replace him including Matt White and Dan Connors.
- Don’t for get to check-out this weeks Coaches Box Podcast on AFL DreamTeam and SuperCoach.
- Thur 11:15am: Starting to get some rookie upgrade action (curtoesy of Patrick Keane, AFL media Manager’s twitter updates)
- Thur 11:16am: Swans have re-upgraded Harry Cunningham to replace Gary Rohan who is on the long term injury list
- Thur 11:17am: Tiggers have reinstated Kelvin Moore off the long term injury list. Addam Maric was upgrade originally for him but is now upgraded in replace of Brad Helbig.
- Thur 3:50pm: Being reported that Kepler Bradley and Jayden Pitt are on the plane to Melbourne. Jack Anthony in trouble.
- Thur 4:05pm: Further Freo news, Suban and McPhee in the squad. Zac Clarke and Jack on the outer!
- Thur 4:11pm: More Freo news. DuFfield out as well!
- Thur 6:25pm: The Team are in! Some more carnage for DreamTeamers/SuperCoaches!
- Fri 3:50pm:Demons have made a change to their squad. Rohan Bail has been taken out of the Squad and has been replaced by Aaron Davey.
- Fri 5pm: Hawks and Power teams are in. Both with one change. Lewis (Suspended) has been replace by Jack Gunston and John McCarthy has returned to replace the injured Travis Boak.
- Fri 7pm: The jPod is a late out for the Cats replaced by Jesse Stringer. Sub for the Blues is Chris Yarran and for the Cats is the late in, Jesse Stringer.
- Sat 12:35pm: No late changes for Tigers v Dockers. Home side has first gamer, Brett O’Hanlon, as their sub and Hayden Crozier is the Sub for the Dockers.
- Sat 4:21pm: Two changes for the Saints. Ray and Chripps out with Schneider and Clarke coming in. Schneider is the sub for the Saints and Matt Shaw for the Coasters.
- Sat 7:45pm: Nathan Lovett-Murray has replaced David Zaharakis in the Bombers side. David Myers is the Bombers Sub and Nick Malceski for the Bloods.
- Sun 8:30am: Have updated the Monday teams
- Mon 2pm: No late changes for today’s game. Lynden Dunn sub for the Demons and Tom Young the Sub for the Pies.
B: Christopher Yarran, Michael Jamison, Matthew Watson
HB: Bryce Gibbs, Lachlan Henderson, Nick Duigan
C: Zach Tuohy, Chris Judd, Kade Simpson
HF: Mitch Robinson, Matthew Kreuzer, Andrew Walker
F: Jeffrey Garlett, Shaun Hampson, Eddie Betts
Foll: Robert Warnock, Brock McLean, David Ellard
I/C: Dennis Armfield, Aaron Joseph, Andrew Collins, Joshua Bootsma
Emg: Kane Lucas, Andrew McInnes, Edward Curnow
In: Matthew Kreuzer, Lachlan Henderson, Nick Duigan
Out: Paul Bower, Heath Scotland (Calf), Edward Curnow
B: Matthew Scarlett, Tom Lonergan, Josh Hunt
HB: Corey Enright, Harry Taylor, David Wojcinski
C: Taylor Hunt, Joel Selwood, Paul Chapman
HF: Mathew Stokes, Tom Hawkins, Mitch Duncan
F: James Kelly, James Podsiadly, Steve Johnson
Foll: Trent West, Joel Corey, Jimmy Bartel
I/C: Andrew Mackie, Steven Motlop, Cameron Guthrie, Orren Stephenson
Emg: Tom Gillies, Jesse Stringer, Billie Smedts
In: Joel Corey, Corey Enright, David Wojcinski, Tom Hawkins, Steven Motlop
Out: Tom Gillies, Jesse Stringer, Billie Smedts, Jordan Schroder, Lincoln McCarthy
B: Steven Morris, Alex Rance, Chris Newman
HB: Bachar Houli, Ben Griffiths, Brandon Ellis
C: Shaun Grigg, Dustin Martin, Daniel Jackson
HF: Brett Deledio, Tyrone Vickery, Shane Edwards
F: Reece Conca, Jack Riewoldt, Robin Nahas
Foll: Ivan Maric, Trent Cotchin, Shane Tuck
I/C: Matt Dea, Jake Batchelor, Brett O’Hanlon, Addam Maric
Emg: Matthew White, Daniel Connors, Brad Miller
In: Matt Dea, Brett O’Hanlon
Out: Nathan Foley (Leg), Jake King (Suspension)
New: Brett O’Hanlon (Dandenong Stingrays)
B: Adam McPhee, Zac Dawson, Greg Broughton
HB: Michael Johnson, Luke McPharlin, Stephen Hill
C: Michael Barlow, Ryan Crowley, Tendai Mzungu
HF: Matthew de Boer, Christopher Mayne, Clancee Pearce
F: Lachie Neale, Matthew Pavlich, Garrick Ibbotson
Foll: Aaron Sandilands, Hayden Ballantyne, David Mundy
I/C: Nick Suban, Jesse Crichton, Jonathon Griffin, Hayden Crozier
Emg: Kepler Bradley, Jayden Pitt, Nick Lower
In: Nick Suban, Adam McPhee, Jonathon Griffin
Out: Paul Duffield, Zachary Clarke, Jack Anthony
Gold Coast Suns
B: Seb Tape, Matthew Warnock, Daniel Stanley
HB: Sam Iles, Rory Thompson, Trent McKenzie
C: Michael Rischitelli, Karmichael Hunt, Alex Sexton
HF: Harley Bennell, Jared Brennan, Andrew McQualter
F: Matt Shaw, Sam Day, Luke Russell
Foll: Tom Hickey, Josh Caddy, Gary Ablett
I/C: Josh Toy, Campbell Brown, Brandon Matera, Aaron Hall
Emg: Alik Magin, Joel Wilkinson, Kyal Horsley
In: Jared Brennan, Josh Toy, Brandon Matera, Seb Tape
Out: Alik Magin, Joel Wilkinson, Tom Lynch (Foot), Kyal Horsley (Rested)
B: Jason Gram, Sam Gilbert, Tom Simpkin
HB: Sean Dempster, James Gwilt, Brendon Goddard
C: David Armitage, Lenny Hayes, Nick Dal Santo
HF: Jack Steven, Nick Riewoldt, Terry Milera
F: Stephen Milne, Justin Koschitzke, Ahmed Saad
Foll: Jason Blake, Leigh Montagna, Clinton Jones
I/C: Farren Ray, Jamie Cripps, Arryn Siposs, Jack Newnes
Emg: Raphael Clarke, Adam Schneider, Beau Wilkes
B: Dyson Heppell, Dustin Fletcher, Cale Hooker
HB: Jake Carlisle, Kyle Hardingham, Courtenay Dempsey
C: Ricky Dyson, Jobe Watson, Brent Stanton
HF: Jake Melksham, Stewart Crameri, David Zaharakis
F: Alwyn Davey, Patrick Ryder, Michael Hurley
Foll: Tom Bellchambers, Heath Hocking, Sam Lonergan
I/C: Angus Monfries, Leroy Jetta, David Myers, Ben Howlett
Emg: Nathan Lovett-Murray, Henry Slattery, Kyle Reimers
In: David Myers, Cale Hooker, Dyson Heppell
Out: Nathan Lovett-Murray, Tayte Pears (Knee), Travis Colyer
B: Alex Johnson, Ted Richards, Rhyce Shaw
HB: Jarrad McVeigh, Heath Grundy, Martin Mattner
C: Lewis Jetta, Josh P. Kennedy, Nicholas Smith
HF: Kieren Jack, Lewis Roberts-Thomson, Ryan O’Keefe
F: Trent Dennis-Lane, Sam Reid, Craig Bird
Foll: Shane Mumford, Jude Bolton, Daniel Hannebery
I/C: Nick Malceski, Mike Pyke, Andrejs Everitt, Tony Armstrong
Emg: Jesse White, Nathan Gordon, Harry Cunningham
In: Nick Malceski, Andrejs Everitt
Out: Ben McGlynn (Suspension), Luke Parker (Shoulder)
B: Jackson Trengove, Alipate Carlile, Jacob Surjan
HB: Danyle Pearce, Troy Chaplin, Hamish Hartlett
C: Darren Pfeiffer, Domenic Cassisi, Kane Cornes
HF: John McCarthy, Justin Westhoff, Matthew Broadbent
F: Chad Wingard, Jay Schulz, Brett Ebert
Foll: Brent Renouf, Bradley Ebert, Matt Thomas
I/C: Paul Stewart, Jarrad Redden, Andrew Moore, Ben Jacobs
Emg: Tom Logan, Cameron Hitchcock, Aaron Young
In: John McCarthy
Out: Travis Boak (Foot)
B: Brent Guerra, Josh Gibson, Shaun Burgoyne
HB: Grant Birchall, Ryan Schoenmakers, Benjamin Stratton
C: Bradley Hill, Sam Mitchell, Clinton Young
HF: Isaac Smith, Lance Franklin, Luke Breust
F: Cyril Rioli, Jarryd Roughead, Brendan Whitecross
Foll: David Hale, Brad Sewell, Liam Shiels
I/C: Shane Savage, Matt Suckling, Paul Puopolo, Jack Gunston
Emg: Stephen Gilham, Thomas Murphy, Taylor Duryea
In: Jack Gunston
Out: Jordan Lewis (Suspension)
B: James Sellar, Jared Rivers, Tom McDonald
HB: Daniel Nicholson, Jack Watts, James Frawley
C: Jack Grimes, James Magner, Cale Morton
HF: Nathan Jones, Colin Garland, Colin Sylvia
F: Jack Trengove, Mitchell Clark, Jeremy Howe
Foll: Mark Jamar, Brent Moloney, Jordie McKenzie
I/C: Lynden Dunn, Brad Green, Sam Blease, Luke Tapscott
Emg: Matthew Bate, Aaron Davey, Joel Macdonald
In: James Frawley
Out: Joel Macdonald
B: Heritier O’Brien, Nathan Brown, Chris Tarrant
HB: Marley Williams, Nick Maxwell, Martin Clarke
C: Simon Buckley, Dale Thomas, Jarryd Blair
HF: Alex Fasolo, Chris Dawes, Ben Sinclair
F: Dayne Beams, Travis Cloke, Tyson Goldsack
Foll: Darren Jolly, Dane Swan, Steele Sidebottom
I/C: Alan Didak, Sharrod Wellingham, Tom Young, Jamie Elliott
Emg: Cameron Wood, Kirk Ugle, Paul Seedsman
In: Dane Swan, Darren Jolly, Chris Tarrant
Out: Scott Pendlebury (Leg), Cameron Wood, Kirk Ugle