AFL Teams – Round 5, 2012 – Part 1 – ANZAC Game
Wednesday is the extremely important day in the Australian calendar that we remember those that have gone before us. That should never be forgotten about the day. The AFL, Collingwood and Essendon have done a good job over the years in making sure that is the case and in fact many believe that the AFL game has helped bring more people to the day. Whether that is true or not is for others to discuss. I am hear to discuss the teams that play on the day in this thread. There will be another thread for the other games of the round.
So two teams, both coming off wins and both coming off 4 day breaks. There has been plenty of injuries and news about who may and may not play:
- Bombers have already ruled out Michael Hurly
- Was some rumors/talk that Scott Pendlebury could be in doubt but word is that he trained fine today
- Collingwood have confirmed that Nathan Brown would play, Didak and Cameron Wood are very close and rough chance that Marley Williams could play as well.
- Bombers have suggested possible players that could be included as Jake Carlisle, Courtenay Dempsey and Travis Colyer
Stay tuned today and tomorrow for all the updates.
- No Update at the moment. Just a note that the Coaches Box AFL DreamTeam and SuperCoach Podcast will be recorded tomorrow night as normal.
- Tues 6:30pm: Teams in. For all the talk, not many changes. I smell a lot of late changes tomorrow!!!!
- Weds 1:45pm: Colour me very wrong! No Late changes. First games are the subs. Cory Dell’Olio for the Bombers and Kirk Ugle for the Pies
B: Heritier O’Brien, Lachlan Keeffe, Nathan Brown
HB: Simon Buckley, Nick Maxwell, Tyson Goldsack
C: Dane Swan, Sharrod Wellingham, Ben Johnson
HF: Paul Seedsman, Chris Dawes, Ben Sinclair
F: Dayne Beams, Travis Cloke, Alex Fasolo
Foll: Darren Jolly, Scott Pendlebury, Steele Sidebottom
I/C: Alan Toovey, Martin Clarke, Jarryd Blair
Sub: Kirk Ugle
Emg: Alan Didak, Cameron Wood, Tom Young
In: Nathan Brown, Kirk Ugle
Out: Tom Young, Jackson Paine
New: Kirk Ugle (Swan Districts (WAFL))
B: Dustin Fletcher, Cale Hooker, Dyson Heppell
HB: Michael Hibberd, Tayte Pears, Kyle Hardingham
C: Jake Melksham, Jobe Watson, David Zaharakis
HF: Brent Stanton, Patrick Ryder, Jake Carlisle
F: Alwyn Davey, Stewart Crameri, Leroy Jetta
Foll: Tom Bellchambers, Heath Hocking, Angus Monfries
I/C: Ricky Dyson, Sam Lonergan, Ben Howlett
Sub: Cory Dell’Olio
Emg: Henry Slattery, Travis Colyer, Luke Davis
In: Jake Carlisle
Out: Michael Hurley (Hamstring)