The title might not be what you think. He should go for his crued late bump on Farren Ray (the irony after round 1) but seeing as the Tigers have the Hawks this week, that will mean he will be spared chasing around Roughead or Franklin on the weekend. Not the worst time. But seriously, the bump was high and late. I would be very surprised if he got off it.
Where there any other issues to look at? Not that I am aware of but we will see late this afternoon who faces the wrath of the Match Review Panel! Check back then
- Monday 4:25pm: Early word is McGuane gets 3 and Cyril 2 (I believe for a strike on Nathan Jones). If I am right, Jones was down for a while. If he goes, big loss for the Hawks. Was reported on twitter:
- Monday 4:50pm: AFL stuffed up the points. Its actually 1 match that will stay at one match whether Rioli challeges or not. 198 points before 25% early plea discount. Tough one in the Free Hit theory of can’t get an extra week. Other fines given.
- Monday 5pm: AFL have fixed up their error in reporting of the Rioli suspension
The AFL wishes to advise the penalty in the Cyril Rioli case is one match.
- Monday 10pm: Including video/Footage off the AFL site of all the incidents! Nice work by the AFL (Download it here)!
[stream provider=video flv=x:/bptvpd.ngcdn.telstra.com/pd_afl1/OnDemand/AFL/2011/MRP_RND2_1m.mp4 embed=false share=false width=320 height=180 dock=true controlbar=over bandwidth=high autostart=false /]
- Tuesday 11:20pm: Everyone accepted there punishment so the tribunal continues their holiday. Details below:
Latest news from match review panel. Luke McGuane three weeks but can take two with early plea. Rioli two weeks. Can’t get discount
Daniel Giansiracusa, Western Bulldogs, has been charged with a first offence for wrestling Jed Adcock, Brisbane Lions, during the first quarter of the Round Two match between the Western Bulldogs and the Brisbane Lions, played at Etihad Stadium on Sunday April 3, 2011.
Jed Adcock, Brisbane Lions, has been charged with a first offence for wrestling Daniel Giansiracusa, Western Bulldogs, during the first quarter of the Round Two match between the Brisbane Lions and the Western Bulldogs, played at Etihad Stadium on Sunday April 3, 2011.
James Polkinghorne, Brisbane Lions, has been charged with a Level One striking offence against Callan Ward, Western Bulldogs, during the third quarter of the Round Two match between the Brisbane Lions and the Western Bulldogs, played at Etihad Stadium on Sunday April 3, 2011.
Kieran Jack, Sydney Swans, has been charged with a Second Offence for making negligent contact with a field umpire (Troy Pannell) during the third quarter of the Round Two match between the Sydney Swans and Essendon, played at ANZ Stadium on Sunday April 3, 2011.